We have a variety of needs:
- Our seven thrift stores. Each store relies on volunteers in a variety of jobs, depending on each person’s experience and interest.
- A particularly large need for the thrift store hub at 6464 W State Street in Boise. The majority of client thrift store aid flows from this store and it has great needs in the areas of merchandising, processing, cleaning and repairs.
- All our five Food Pantries. With five pantries covering the majority of Southwest Idaho, there is always need for committed volunteers to keep the food flowing to those whom need it most.
- The Food Pantry at 3209 Overland in Boise. This is the second largest food pantry in Idaho serving approximately 1000 families per month and needs dozens of dedicated volunteers to keep the Pantry open five days per week.
- Home Visitors. Each of our ten conferences have a group of dedicated members that visit those who call the Helpline. Home Visitors meet with Helpline clients to access their need and deliver available assistance.
- Special Projects such as the Voucher Toy Stores (giving children/youth 0 -18 gifts for Christmas) and the Thanksgiving Food Box Program depend on volunteers in all capacities to make these programs work.
St. Vincent de Paul of Southwest Idaho is a volunteer organization. Each year we serve tens of thousands of people in need through the efforts of hundreds of committed volunteers in Southwest Idaho. Join with us in this powerful work.
Volunteer with St. Vincent de Paul and
HELP US HELP PEOPLE!